Audiogon resolutions for 2022 - #1 less exaggeration when it comes to system changes

I enjoy the information presented on Audiogon, especially when posters talk about minor changes (or tweaks, which is a word I don't really like) to their system. (I also like the comedy). The problem is when everything is SUPER IMPORTANT and impactful, nothing is, relatively speaking.

I propose we institute a new scale for system changes (or even specific individual component upgrades) similar to how used records are graded. Here goes the grading system:

A - heard a strikingly positive, noticeable change as soon as the stylus hit the record

B - heard a positive change as soon as the stylus hit the record

C - hear an audible, minor change as soon as the stylus hit the record

D - was able to hear an easily noticeable improvement when comparing back and forth to previous state

E - was able top hear an improvement over previous state comparing back & forth

F - when listening intensely and comparing, was able to hear a slight improvement versus previous state

G - when comparing was barely able to hear an improvement 

#2 - keep all political opinions off Audiogon, we can hear enough of the garbage all over the place

Whaddya think?

sokogear

@hilde45 - thanks. The point of my scale is to make it easy without arbitrary terminology. Its subjective as to how much (or not) better something sounds with some change to somebody’s system.

if they want to add comments or explanations to the rating, that’s fine, but at least we have a base rating/reaction.

@oldhvymec -you’re not typically prone to exaggeration, don’t sweat it.

@sokogear 

Good point. I'm not against learning *specialized* terminology, and indeed, that can often be very important. Commonsense terms often do not part easily — or stay parted — from their connotations.

I would not use the word "subjective" to describe problem of assessing the quality of sound in  someone else's system; the problem lies with any number of other variables which cannot be controlled for. It's merely an "objective" problem with multiple factors. And one of those factors can be another person's preference. But that's objective, too.

BTW the record rating system is fine. :-) 

My two rating are play, or frisbee, there is no in between. 

Regards