My Jolida 100 skips even on new cds. How to fix?

Hello,

I have a Jolida 100 that is a few years old.

The player has starting skipping more and more, and now it is at the point where it skips even on quite new CDs.

I have tried one of those "CD player cleaners" where it is the CD with the brushes attached that you put in the player, but this has no beneficial effect.

Has anyone run into this, and does anyone have a solution of how to fix it (aside from sending it for repair)

thank you
Todd
goatwuss
I have had a similar problem with a Shanling 100. The transport had to be replaced. Everything is fine now.
Not familiar with Jolida players but once my Sony XA7ES starts to exhibit skipping problems, I used a dry cotton bud to clean the lens. The lens is fixed to the tray as it slides out, so there is no need to open the lid of the player.

Worth a try.
Bartokfan-

Really? Three times you have read about a problem on Audiogon and you say trash it? You don't even know what the problem with the unit is! If you trashed every piece that had an issue on Audiogon, there would be very few units left to buy! Let's wait and see what the problem is before we jump to that.
>>Man i had heard at least 3 X's here on audiogon that Jolida was garbage<<

I read the same thing about Seas drivers but I'm not sure I would believe it.
When I had a Jolida it would play a dog frisbee. I mean the worst, most beat up, scratched up terd of a CD, would play just fine.

....and it sounded great too!

Based on my experience I say somethings amiss, probably a dirty PU or a sluggish assembly.

How about trash Bartokfan and keep the Jolida! and get some B & W's while you're at it! HeHe, just kiddin' with ya, Mr. Goat!