Preowned Wilson Audio Chicago Dealer

So, what's with the Chicago used gear dealer who constantly advertises tons of used Wilson, (the same models for over a year or more) yet anyone who calls him to buy a pair get's totally discouraged by him on Wilson?

Is this just the old bait and switch with him having none of them in stock? Right now he must have 12 ads of the 20 on Audiogon- yet when called about actually buying a pair he doesn't even attempt to subtly switch you to something else. He makes you feel like an idiot for considering buying Wilson and will "only sell you a pair of you insis"t and then tells you "but I know I"ll only be buying them back from you". 

128x128cowan217

This may be a prime opportunity for you. If you really want the Wilson’s then offer him 20% less for this poor product. Since these things are such dogs the price should be discounted depending on how far he talks them down. Thank him for being so honest and offer to do a kind favor for him by taking them off hiss hands. 😀

curious if you offered to pay his asking price and he refused to sell them to you?

yes, I would have paid his asking price, this wasn't an attempt to lowball on these. He simply made it clear that he doesn't like them, that if I insist he'll sell them to me but that I'll only be calling him to take them back sooner than later! 

I have bought a few products from Albert Sportis and never was told the items weren’t any good.  I have called Albert at least 6 different times and have always received a very courteous response.  Something else must be happening. 

nope, same pattern when trying to buy a sub; denigrated the JL Audio F`113 and pitched the REL (he'd forgotten I'd bought an REL from him two years ago).

It is what it is, I'll leave it at that and there are enough people who responded to this thread indicating they has similar experiences w/him. It's just weird behavior frankly.