Belles research?

Hello,

I purchased a Belles Research 250 amp and cannot find any info about it. This is a long shot but is there anyone out there that knows about or has this amplifier??

Thanks!
voodoolounge
@gryphongryph 

SWEET!  Wonderful amplifier.  All Class A amps run very hot.  IMHO, the hotter it runs, the better it will sound.

Mick makes a GREAT preamp.  Should mate very well with the SA-30.

You picked some very, very nice gear...
@mofimadness 
Thanks, hopefully I will get the Supratek later this year, I don’t change system often, the one I have is from early 2000, newest addition the Primare Dac 30 that I think came out in 2013!
After the Supratek I plan to get a better dac, maybe a Audio Mirror  Tubadour III SE.
Using mostly Roon now, so maybe a dedicated server will be on the cards later, but for now the Mac Mini is doing fine.
The plan was to go intergrated, but I have come to realize that I want tubes somewhere in my setup and the pre looks most logical place to have them.
Maybe when I am a pensioner I can look for that intergrated Class D amp ;-)

I just picked up a Belles 22a pre and 150 ref2 amp. They are waiting to be used with my LRS when they arrive in Feb. can’t wait to hear the system. Any advice on cables?

I have the Belles units powering my Omega 3xrs and speedwoofer 10s and it sounds great. Can’t wait for the LRS to arrive. I really like the Belles equipment. I understand the 21a with Auracap option is a great preamp.

@brianportugal 

Cables are VERY system dependent.  I would recommend just using what you have to see, (hear) what it sounds like, then maybe "try" something else.  Might take a few choices to get what you want.

I have owned all of the Belles tube preamps and indeed, I like the 21A Auricap the best.

GREAT gear and the REF 150A will drive the LRS speakers very nicely.  I has over 30 amps of current available, so it shouldn't have any trouble.