Am I the only one purchasing hybrid disc's.......

That doesn't listen to them in SACD? I've noticed in some of these that the 2 channel playback doesn't even come close to normal 'quality' 2 channel playback. The last recording I bought was given high marks for 'audio quality' and I thought it was closed in and dullish (the performance wasn't so hot either!).

Is there something in the production of these disc's like for instance the mike set up or the engineers choices in the mix which causes them to focus on the multi-channel effects at the expense of the main channels? I don't think I hear this as often (if ever) on the non multi-channel SACD disc's.

Comments?
newbee
I haven't noticed particularly inferior sound on hybrid discs' CD layers the few times I've listened to them; however, I think that with more and more multi-channel releases, the quality of the mixdown to two channels may vary from release to release.
Are you saying you're listening to only the Front Left and Front Right channels of the 5.1 version of the SACD layer OR, are you listening to the two channel Red Book layer. If the previous, then, of course it will sound bad. If the latter what, are you saying it sound bad compared to??
That is why I am refusing to buy any additional SACDs (hybrid or otherwise).
Pawlowski - I'm listening to a two channel redbook system. My point of reference is other well recorded redbook recordings. I do not have either a SACD player or a multichannel system. But I'm very much into audio and I have a large collection by any standard to judge by.
I have a reasonable amount of hybrids (approx 45) and I only listen to the redbook layer.
Simply because my CD player(Ayre CX7) is better than my SACD player (Sony DVPNS900V).