The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

The fuse direction on slow blow fuses is because they have a small diode at one end. The diode holds the incoming rush of voltage. If this type of fuse is installed the right way the high end is clean sounding. Not a dull sounding. 

First impression very positive. Used Under African Skies by Paul Simon to A/B. No contest against the stock fuse in my tube integrated. I don’t have any experience with prior versions of fuses or other brands. 

After 6 weeks, the music take another big step, full body sound.  I was realy surprise, I was thinking the breaking time was over. That is a very good surprise 

I am really digging the SR purple fuses with my tube amps. I still don’t understand how a fuse can make such a difference, but...

ozzy

I'm with you ozzy. I have no idea why a fuse can make so much difference. It all adds up to a cheap upgrade.