Struggling to spend 13k with three dealers

Is anyone else running into this? I've been trying to buy a used pair of Wilson from a couple of dealers in the NY area and from one in the Chicago area- each has a pair I've been interested in yet all are super slow to respond to emails, quote a final number, give a clear number on a trade I have etc. Each have their own wrinkle, high shipping charges, high pick up charges, avoiding doing a set up etc. Super frustrating - I've literally bought a car faster than trying to buy a pair of used speakers. I've thrown in the towel after a month of endless emails and conversations. Weird. I used to run a retail audio chain. We chased every deal, quickly determined if we could do it and made it work- or nicely declined the deal. Is business so good that there's no interest in selling 13k speakers that they're holding in inventory? 

128x128cowan217

I just can not understand the US market. You are having problems spending $13K, I had problems spending $150k until I gave up. My dealer in Spain was all too happy to get me what I wanted in a week.

As for speakers I would seriously look at the Tannoy Kensington, I have 2 pairs. The only thing you need to look for is the manufacturing date. The ones I bought in the USA were manufactured almost 3 years before I bought them for new  and the distributor not even saying a word about it. The warehouse they were sting was not climate controlled as the wax that they come with was completely melted and came out of the can and soaked into everything.

The klipsch are Cornwall 4 so big and not likely to sell easily and ship hence my intent to do a trade. 

Exactly how the dealer feels 🙄

If you are willing to trade/sell your Klipsch Cornwall 4 at 40% below market value, you should be able to sell them without issue.  Heck, at that discount, even the gear flippers will be tempted.