Best speakers around $130k?

Go!

mjbishop99

@noske I'm open to hearing people's criteria for distinguishing "sonics" from "bling." 

@hilde45 I'm open to hearing your own objective criteria by what you mean by bling. 

Its simply not fair to ask a question and not be clear about exactly what you are asking. 

Exotic veneer or high end automotive finish is obviously bling.

But does finish account for a high percentage of costs on luxury speakers? I dunno.  10 v. 2 bucks per sf. of veneer doesn't add up to much.

A lot of stuff that kinda feels bling-y, like the multi-piece cabinets on the big Wilsons,  is of course supposed to positively influence sonics.

Since Maggie's have been mentioned, interesting to note they are relatively  low bling free - a sock is a sock 😊 - and their flagship model is much less expensive than many luxury speakers to which it might be compared.

stop

you haven't lived till you've had speakers over $200k per pair

op slummin' it ... 

🤣😂😎

OP here... the swipes are so unnecessary.  I'm literally just doing a personal comparative study using information from the community.  No need to direct digs at the price point.  While I realize (now) that I opened myself up for it when I put the price point in the post, I am really just trying to get at what compares to the Alexx Vs and Aidas, because I had the privilege of listening to both recently.  Price point is one way to measure comparability, and there have been some other very helpful comments doing comparisons from other perspectives.  I am grateful and appreciative for all the productive comments and wisdom so far.  THANK YOU! 

And FYI, I like gear and expanding my audiophile horizons, regardless of whether I can afford any particular product(s) I am looking at.  I thought most of us were like that in here.  Should be about the learning and enjoying, not the swiping.