Just received my new Dynaudio Contour 60i in walnut

Folks, just reporting in that out of the box these are just stellar, and I imagine they will only get better. Wonderful mids, smooth tweeters and gripping bass. Clarity is amazing. As an aside, I had doubts whether my little Naim SN3 could adequately drives these beasts, but I am very pleasantly surprised; the SN3 is punching well above its fighting weight! I am happy to field questions as I know several members have the big new Dyns on order or are considering them. Happy listening amigos.
jrbirdman333

I absolutely love my Dynaudio speakers, I have never heard anything as sweet and musical as my pair of Evokes

@jbirdman333 

Thanks for the reply. How would you characterize their sound? As an example, the Polk's I have (reviewed here) are pretty much neutral, and I have to say I like the sound, on the other side, the Sonus may eschew some detail, but bring out the music, and as a musician I like that. I guess what I am saying, is I just like a quality speaker, and can see the benefit of  both styles of presentation. I think the Michi is giving the music a slight richness, and that it will come through on a good speaker (I demo'd the Sonus with the X5 driving them).

Re sounds. Full-bodied, rich but detailed as well. Big sound stage. Bass is not overbearing even though it has big bass drivers. I drive them with a Lux 509x. Your Michi unit has more power. I'm sure the big Dyns would kick butt with your gear. I was able to compare them to Focal Sopra 2s, and I preferred the Dyn sound. Others may differ. I like the soft dome tweeter. Non fatiguing! I'm sure the SF will be stellar too as would Revels. I haven't heard them so I cannot comment. I might also mention that I got to hear a set of Confidence 30s. Those were terrific as well, but I thought the 60i more than held their own.

Much appreciated! I admit, I really like the look, and those big woofers look good ( I am a bass player)

mournbladeiv 

I had the C60s for 2 years and went through absolute hell.
First it was the 400 hours of break in needed to make them sound bearable and then the disappointment of a cold, compressed sound, totally stoned timbre, and confused, out of focus soundstage. I paid half the list price for them and went to an immense effort to get rid of them at 3000 euros. I had them on sale for a whole year at 3000 euros, people came, listened, and left. Good luck.