More expensive = better?

Because I have never owned any very high end gear I’m wondering if an $8000 integrated amp will sound jaw dropping better than a $5000 one? Right now my system is Parasound JC2 and SMC Audio DNA1 Gold. 

Thanks in advance,

Ben

honashagen

No it won't. Not jaw dropping. Why should it?

In fact it might not even sound better than a $100 one.

It's far more important to match the amplifier to your speakers in terms of power and drive.

A second opinion, preferably a non audiophile one, might also prove invaluable when auditioning.

Bear in mind also, that certain features can prove useful, eg a mono button or a balance switch etc.

"My speakers are under $1k, staright up, midrange surpasses Wilson's biggest guns, Dali, Sonus Faber, Rockport, none beats my midrange. Under one K bucks"

Hyperbole aside, what about the low end and the high end?

Sound is only as good as its weakest frequency range.

A good $8,000 amp will sound much better than a good $800 amp, that’s for sure. Jaw dropping? Only if you were clever/lucky enough to choose an amp that perfectly fits your setup.

Also bear in mind that for your jaw to drop you need 1/ To be sophisticated enough to appreciate a high quality sound reproduction. 2/ To be able to build a coherent setup/room system to give a hi-end amp a chance to show you its’ class.

Otherwise you can buy a $30,000 amp, plonk it on your hi-fi rack, and it will perform to 30% of its capability. Just like a $3,000 amp. So many people have done exactly that and claimed that there’s no difference.

Hyperbole aside, what about the low end and the high end? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Not HYped . Staright shooting. There are no xover style speakers that will surpass a FR in midr5ange, ] This is common knowledge, If you don't get it by now, I'm sorry you have not yet heard the real deal I don't want my mids piped through a midwoofer and a tweeter. Sorry just dont. Now as for more cash better...well ] If we are taliing WAVAC or Kronzilla's $100K++ SET amps,., well yeah more cash the better. But if we are talking other over priced tube amps, well no , . Jadis' KT170 looks very interesting but at $15K+ , ahhh, I can get a good made in China PP tube amp and come very close to Jadis' sound, for UNDER $1500. 10x's better the Jadis,, ahhh I don't think so, Justa nuance, = Not worth it. Go SET, now for $15K I can get a 845 tube will annihilate the KT170.