Any love for newer Krell amps?

I recently bought a Krell Duo 175 xd power amp, after debating between it and a less expensive Coda power amp.  I was not able to hear either amp so I based my decision on the recommendation of a dealer who sells both.  I’m liking the Krell very much. I’ve seen a lot on this forum about Coda amps but almost nothing about Krell.  Any Krell owners, enthusiasts or even detractors out there?
fast

Thanks. The only negative for me now is the 21-inch depth of the amp. I did not realize it was that big.

I have to decide between a new 175XD or a used 300XD. After I get rid of my Parasound A21+ it will be about the same price for the 2 KRELLs.

Not heard a Krell amp in a long time.

was in love with those FPB monos of years back, talk about sheer headroom and power, those were amazing!

I would have loved to see,touch,listen to the Master class monos from years back, not one dealer/shoppe near me had a pair as floor models.as I remember, they were just massive, and would even drive the MBL RADIOSTRAHLER, and large infinity’s’ and other 2-3 ohm speakers with out getting warm.

It’s a shame companies stop making amps like that, there are others like those Boulder monos at hundreds of thousands of dollars,

Krell should bring back the class A/ab behemoth amps, there is a niche market, and they do sell.

many companies toss out older versions for cheaper parts, and raise prices of inferior products.

CJ 350 amp was amazing, only thing close to it was the McCormack/ CJ dna750 monos,

the old Levinson monos,…but, levinson, for the price had lots of repair issues, unreliable, for the price paid, it should not break for 40 years!

Written several letters and emails to BIC, to consider a flagship speaker, they use good drivers, but internally, they need to be manually stuffed with damping material, they are hollow inexpensive cabinets. The older ones were done right, newer ones while descent, need to be filled with material.

anyway, I’m talking about the BIC Realta pair, those were so good for te price, and sounded so darn good, a pair just sold my me, but I honestly didn’t have the $, and I have 6 pairs of speakers in basement, wife would  have blew a neck veign if I brought home more speakers.

those Realta were so nice,I remember the midrange,treble and bass, was seperated nicely, bass was tight without being too boomy, guitar and vocals were amazingly clear and detailed.

the measley BIC venturi company, some great TT in the 70’s, and some specific models of speakers, which were very very good, V-830, formula 6 speakers, but the foam rotted quickly, and there is almost no restoration for those.

ok, done ranting.

im going to look up and drool over the old Krell master class pictures

@arcticdeth Did you see the video from Walter @ KRELL (maybe CEO) on Jays_audio_lab thread on A'gon. 

Audiogon Discussion Forum

I bought the KRELL Duo 125 XD today. An unbelievable trade-in offer for my Parasound A21+. A no brainer to get the KRELL for my RAAL SR1a since it is the best sounding amp (by far) with the SR1a. 

Now I am officially done. I thought I was done after the Parasound A21+. 

Congratulations. I’d be interested to know what you think once it’s broken in and what equipment you’re using with it. I’m using the Krell Duo 175xd with Benchmark LA4 preamp,KEF Reference 5 speakers, Innuous Zenith 3/Innuous Phoenix, PS Audio Directstream dac.