Correct ear alignment

I have found that the string loops on face masks put my ears in perfect alignment for critical listening.At our local Audiophile Salon it has become a mandatory “ thing” at our Saturday morning ears and coffee get together. It even improves the sound of my Bose system in my Ferrari 599 GTB. 

hhscott

Why are car guys much more friendly than audio guys? Really… I have found this true after many many decades of involvement in each hobby. Serious and humorous answers accepted without prejudice.

Trying to think of the last time I stopped for gas and some guy didn’t strike up a conversation with, "Nice car!" I mean I know it happened, but so long ago it is hard to recall. Well it is the iconic 79 911SC, but still.

The one time I sat down to seriously talk about ordering, even that guy who was there to sell me a Porsche, he was talking enthusiastically about all the options, and not just from a sales point of view but more like the way one Porsche guy talks to another, almost philosophically, with great appreciation bordering on reverence.

A contrast with the way audio sales people talk, which could not be more polar opposite.

I wouldn’t be too quick to judge though, or paint with too broad a brush. One of the greatest car events each year is the Historics. We decided on Laguna Seca Saturday, Pebble Concours Sunday. Track day was awesome. Everyone everywhere just as friendly as can be. Countless fun conversations with complete strangers. One big happy family.

Sunday morning at Pebble, what a contrast. Every eye peeled and sizing you up, almost always looking down the nose with disdain. The ones who bothered to register disapproval. Others prefer the royal gaze, of which you are unworthy. A more haughty arrogant judgmental group I have never seen. Oh well, the wife is enjoying her time among the beautiful people.

Wrong. Over breakfast she said she was sick of everyone judging her. We had been there a grand total of an hour. "Can we go back to the track?"

Can we! And I kid you not, it was a breath of fresh air! We were in heaven!

So they are not all so friendly after all. But the ones who are, wow, totally make up for the rest.

Pebble Beach is populated with investors, stupid money and mega successful people driven to win. There are some amazing car guys there, but the vibes are pretty uptight. Leno is a perfect example of a real car guy. No pretense or attitude and likes the entire gamut of all things with engines and wheels.

i get the same attention at the boat dock and she is just welded aluminum… seek out good people, be one yourself, contribute, give back, goal seek but watch the elbows and ego, gratitude for wherever you might be in life….

@hhscott IF ya make it to Carlsbad, stop by for 🎶 

I am a Robot intimate with the Armco 

The pair I was talking about are foam and they have a diffusing effect. They take the edge off the mids and highs, but collect for your ears a lot better. The ones that are solid might need a 1/2" of large cell foam to stop the blistering.

Regards

I'm just a Bot about town.