Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

cascadesphil

Good to see you as always. You owned some nice Thiel models. What factor made you decide to move on from  a 7.2 to CS 3.7 loudspeaker?

Happy Listening!

pops

Thank You for chiming in on the 3.6 loudspeaker.

Happy Listening!

pops

2nd Note- I believe that it is fair to report that Upstream of gear is important for every Thiel model. Especially, the newer CS 2.4, 2.4SE, 2.7 and 3.7 Loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!

@pops ​​​​@cascadesphil Thanks for the information.  I do like that "laid back" British sound, LOL.  I currently have Stirling LS3/6 in my main system and Harbeth P3ESR in another system. 

My Thiel 2.3 speakers appear to have the first generation tweeters.  They look like these:

In my main system I have Herron Audio M1 monoblocks (recently updated by Keith), Herron VTSP-360 preamp, Sota Sapphire, Herron VTPH-2A phono stage, Roon Nucleus/Aqua La Voce S3 DAC, Marantz KI Pearl SACD player.  

My room sucks.  I have some space limitations that keep me from getting the speakers too far out into the room, wood paneling, angled ceilings, and an irregular shape.  I do have some diffusion and absorption panels, but my system is a mixed home theater / two channel system, so there are also electronics and racks in between the speakers and a wall mounted TV up above.  Cabling is all good stuff, but a mish-mash of different brands, some Audioquest, some Kimber (no silver), and Verastarr or Duelund speaker cables.  I think the room accentuates any brightness in speakers, and there are a lot of reflection points.

I really love the way the 2.3s sound in my main system until I turn up the volume, then I want the Brits back in.  

big_greg

Thank You for citing your Systems.  Nice gear all around.

Happy Listening!