Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

J - I offered his asking price and a pickup by my brother (local to him and Bill); and I never heard back. He seemed persuaded that he really wanted to keep the 3.5s. So, I've re-contacted him through the ad for his firm determination. Thanks for asking.  TT

tomthiel

Thank You for the update. I hope you guys are able to score those 3.5 loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!

tomthiel

Over on US Audiomart there is a pair of CS 2.4SE with S/N #217/218.

Located in central Florida. I wonder if the full production met 150 pairs ?

Happy Listening!

@jafant Yes, the planned run was 150 pairs but Tom Thiel shared with me that Rob Gillum reported closer to 100 pairs sold. That Mr. Gillum still had SE kits when he started CSS seems to corroborate less than the full planned production. Still, I thought you and I had some of the last pairs built. I guess not!

That pair on Audiomart looks to be in better shape than mine although the resolution of the pics leaves something to be desired. That’s a pretty good price although the buyer might want to refresh the electrolytics if not replace the entirety of what is probably FST crossovers.