Revel Ultima Salon opinions

Browsing local sales, I find a pair of Revel Ultima Salon available locally for under $6k.  That seems like a fair deal considering they were MSRP at $15k new.   I've not had a chance to see them yet but the photos look good.

Any of you folks have experience with these?  I've only heard the more recent Performa2 and Concert3 models. 

Thanks.

128x128travelinjack

Fantastic speakers.  But be aware that revel does not have or make any replacement drivers if u ever have one go bad for the older salons.

@toddk31 Thanks for the reply and info.  Not being to get replacement parts does make the purchase a bit more risky.  Valuable information.

I bought a new pair of Revel 228be for $6300 not too long ago. It is a better speaker than the original salon imo. I would pass personally and hold out for a pair of studio 2 or salon 2 or grab the 228be use which go for around $6000. Even the 226be with subs is pretty good. Food for thought. 

I sold a pair in perfect condition for $57005-6 years ago. they are nice but if you have an average size room you can do better, and like todd said no more replacements. TBH while revel speakers don't have major flaws they don't bring any energy to the party.