Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Thanks to all.  I am greatful for the civility of the majority of humans on this site.  Much of the internet world has people that are on sites to make ignorant and agressive posts.  Civility in our country is in demise. 

I may purchase a pare of used Thiel 1.2 or 1.5 for my second system.

Happy Holandaise!

jusam

Thank You for the kind comments.  Agreed, Civility, is certainly on the decline.

Happy Listening!

jusam - a note about the CS1s. The CS1.2 was designed as Jim got his feet wet with Finite Element Analysis. Its drivers included our first aluminum tweeter and our first use of copper shunting rings and sculpted gap pieces in the woofers. As such its performance stood well above its CS1 predecessor. However, the CS1.5 followed the intervening and envelope-stretching CS5, 2.2, and 3.6. Each product design in Thiel’s history represents new lessons learned, technologies developed and resulting higher performance. It’s no accident that the CS1.5 hung out on Stereophile’s Class A (limited bass) list for so many years. I suggest going for the 1.5 if you can.

tomthiel

An update on those speakers for Bill Thalmann. Did you guys work out the logistics and purchasing?

Happy Listening!