Turntable upgrade recommendations: SME vs AMG vs Technics vs other

I've recently upgraded most of my system, but I still have a Rega P8, with Linn Krystal cartridge, which I like, but I've heard that there may be better options.

I have Sound Lab electrostatic speakers, Ypsilon Hyperior amplifiers, an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 pre-amplifier, and am thinking about an Ypsilon phono stage to match with my system, and a turntable/cartridge.  I listen to almost entirely classical, acoustic music. 

Based on my very limited knowledge, and simple research, I've been looking at three brands, each of which is a different type of turntable: SME (suspension), AMG (mass), and Technics (direct drive).  
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of turntables, and of those in particular?

Thanks.   

drbond

I would add Brinkmann to your list also. With the mass TT you should IMO run them on a base like HRS ( there are other brands also but Brinkmann work directly w HRS. Any of the three TT you mentioned are great, just different. Hopefully you can get some Florida help although at the level you seek you should travel to hear the gear.

best to you

jim

No, I don't think I'll set up the cartridge on my own.  

@tomic601 

Could you please elucidate how you would expect the TT to sound differently.  Which of the three would be the most transparent in presentation? 

Thanks. 

There are a lot of really good TT's available at your budget. Basis makes some superb models, as an example. TW Acoustic another. The top of the line Linn LP12 Klimax should also be in contention if you want a superb suspended table. 

Unfortunately, the best way to truly know what works best in your system, is to listen to the candidate under consideration...preferably in your system and room. All else is going to be someone else's taste and could easily lead to your disappointment. 

If you will want setup expertise onsite I would think that finding a seller ( dealer or otherwise) that is capable of such and willing may also sway the end decision.