How do you know when a stereo sounds good?

When do you know your system is pleasing to listen to? How do you conclusively prove to yourself that your system sounds good to you? How do you determine that you enjoy listening to music through your stereo? Do you have a suite of measurements that removes all shadow of a doubt that you are getting good sound, sound that you enjoy? Please share.

128x128ted_denney

I will tell you that listening to the Phish concert recorded in the Berkeley Greek Theater in 2010 sounded pretty damn good on my stereo last night. Interleaving the songs between Quboz and Tidal MQA was really instructive in showing how much better the Quboz stream sounded!

When the stylus hits the groove of my favorite Howlin’ Wolf album, and my dog starts wagging his tail feathers. 
 For digital, that’d be Steppenwolf. 

Not at all being a smart ass but it's called your ears. Listen to what to what your ears are hearing.  We all can try to steer you in the right direction but at the end of the day your ears will let you know what sounds good to you. Please do not let a audio sales men sale you snake oil.