Hearing loss

I read alot of people here talking about hearing loss,but no one ever mentions headphones as a possible reason for the hearing loss...Headphones, ear phones,I see people with earplugs in all day long...I hear people saying you start losing your hearing at about 35. What's your opinion. 

128x128limomangus

Hi @larsman 

I keep telling myself that my hearing hasn't diminished far enough to warrant hearing aids. (but I really know better...LOL).

My wife would advocate for the aids.............

@pastorbob - I agree with your wife; I think the first time you try them, if you ever do, you'll be saying 'why haven't I had these for the past 10 years?!'. Kinda like a myopic person putting on prescription eyewear for the first time. You don't know what you're missing until you hear or see what you've been missing! First time I got mine, I was just blown away, and like a hi-fi enthusiast, I keep upgrading them every few years! Now I've got in-ear ones that I can use with headphones, too!

@larsman Thanks.

I appreciate your sharing. I guess its something to consider.

Blessings,

P.B.

I like that blame the volume not the headphones...j guess blame yourself.When I was young the louder the better at a Rock concert...when you left the concert deaf...you said omg ...that was loud...If you lived in NYC area you probably took a train home and that was loud.Then when home and if your parents were sleeping you put your headphones on and turned up the volume....lol...I remember my mother yelling your going to go deaf....yeah right...lol....