Hearing loss

I read alot of people here talking about hearing loss,but no one ever mentions headphones as a possible reason for the hearing loss...Headphones, ear phones,I see people with earplugs in all day long...I hear people saying you start losing your hearing at about 35. What's your opinion. 

128x128limomangus

Moabs …

“ Had a guy here couple weeks ago when I butchered some music, as the highest frequencies faded out for me he was covering his ears saying stop the pain! “

Hi,

I suppose there is a correlation between sustained hi decibel headphone listening 

But let's consider another angle;

I for one am grateful for the evolution of headphones over the last 10 or so, years.

I am 74 years old, so obviously have lost some hearing acuity. I also have a slight tinnitus condition in my left ear.

Today's TOTL headphones allow me to continue to hear details & nuances, in the music that I would otherwise miss in listening to speakers.

@pastorbob + 1 - do you wear hearing aids at all? I'm 70, and I've been wearing them for over 15 years.... 

Hi @larsman 

I keep telling myself that my hearing hasn't diminished far enough to warrant hearing aids. (but I really know better...LOL).

My wife would advocate for the aids.............