Proac tweeter issue

hello , I purchased a used pair of proac response 2.5 a few weeks ago . The tweeters seem to be working fine but the "foam" or whatever it is around the tweeter has darkened in some spots.Looks wet in some spots. I rubbed my finger against it to feel if it was a liquid.The foam basically disinigrated in the affected areas ? When i insected them at the previous owners house they were not this way . Ant ideas ? I thought i read about the tweeters being surrounded in a liquid ? could they have been damaged from the car ride to my house . Just curious ?
128x128maplegrovemusic
The Scancpeak 8513 (used by Proac) tweeters have a foam ring applied to the faceplate, over time this foam can deteriorate just in the way you describe, New foam pads can be bought I think from Madisound, they are self adhesive - you can clan off the old ones with Goof Off or similar. Make sure to keep this off the dome when cleaning it off. This foam is for diffraction only and really have no bearing on the "functionality' of the tweeter.

Best of luck

Peter
Fantastic ! The sound seems fine so i will replace the foam for cosmetic reasons .Thanks ,Mike.
Hi Mike

Your welcome - there really is no "magic" in this just plain solid engineering.

Good listening

Peter
You can buy the correct ProAc tweeter foam from Modern Audio the ProAc Distributor. They usually have them in stock. BTW, they aren't just there for looks.