Ethernet Clocking

i had previously reported that adding an Antelope 10m rubidium clock to the Etherregen results in major tightening of soundstage and location of individual instruments. To my great surprise adding filtering on the BNC 75 Ohms connection between clock and Etherregen results in substantial additional benefits. The filter used is a Mini-Circuits BLP-10.7-75+ DCto11MHZ model.

We are only beginning to understand how to maintain clean clocking on digital connections, it is of paramount importance to SQ.

antigrunge2

“Ethernet ’re-clocker’ aren’t more of a thing than dry water,”

@lmcmalo

You may choose to believe that or try one of the audio grade switches and report your findings. I believe your system is good enough to render any subtle changes with a switch like Silent Angel. If you choose not to be open minded, we understand that too! After all you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.

@imcmalo,

you’ll forgive me when I believe what I hear rather than what you postulate. This is getting old fast and I distinctly feel that old @cakyol is hiding behind this new moniker. Read the full quote and you’ll see why it’s there

I’d say let’s all welcome @lmcmalo here. We may disagree in several topics, but he seems completely ingenious in what he says and appears to have a very good technical understanding and hands on experience, audio or not. 

Let’s not confuse him with typical troll like individuals like the usual @cakyol dude who say NOTHING makes a difference. Not the same

The quote from DCS refers to their Bartok streamer/dac and specifically addresses the superior integrity achievable through external clocks. Likewise John Swenson, designer of the Etherregen specifically refers to improvements achievable through superior clocking. More importantly the benefits as I described in my post are clearly audible. To negate all this by postulating principle based ‘knowledge’ as a network engineer don’t impress me much. Obviously @thyname is entitled to his own view.

@thyname

I never said NOTHİNG makes a difference. What I said is most of the drivel discussed sometimes in this forum does not make a difference... like Ethernet clocking, like directional fuses bathed in rhino urine, like unobtanium stones lifting speaker cables, etc. etc. There is a difference 😄