Bought the wrong subwoofer!

I was planning to buy a Rel subwoofer but stumbled across a good deal for a SVS sb-2000 pro so I decided to give it a try. Turns out that the the pre-outs on my integrated amp aren’t pre-outs at all but are rec outs (should have put on my glasses). The Svs doesn’t have high level inputs and my amp doesn’t have pre-outs so I’m screwed right? Guess it wasn’t such a great deal after all.

emiliop

I’m not sure that is a problem. The sub itself should attenuate the signal by setting the crossover and the gain/ volume. This is off the top of my head thinking but I have had my coffee. So I can’t even use that as an excuse if I am.

BTW what integrated are you using?

Also, you should call SVS and see what they recommend.. This is what you should do before proceeding. 

The sub itself should attenuate the signal by setting the crossover and the gain/ volume.

Doesn’t the preamp need to be able to attenuate the level of the sub? The sub amp won’t do that.

On another note, every sub I have owned has blended better with the main speakers using the high level inputs. I don’t even try with pre outs anymore.

Oz

Have you thought about buying an integrated amp with preamp outputs or separates. That's what I would do.

Call SVS.  Did you pay attention to their return policy?

From their website:  "SVS offers a 45-day, hassle free, in-home audition"