Preamp recommendations for my system please

I think it’s now time in my audio journey to find a quality preamp. A pair of JC1 monoblocks are driving Wilson Yvette. dCS Bartök is ordered and will be my digital side (with a Roon Nucleus). Luxman PD171-A with Jelco 850 tonearm and Hana ML cart, with a Channel D Lino C 2.2 phono stage, on the analog side. 

I’d like the preamp to be truly balanced. Needs two pair of balanced/XLR inputs (phono stage and steamer/DAC). Under $10K if at all possible. My short list includes:

Audio Research LS28

Audio Research Ref 6SE (used only and still probably a stretch)

Ayre Acoustics KX-5 Twenty

Backert Labs Rhythm 1.3 

Parasound JC2

You’re going to ask me what I’m looking for in a preamp. Beyond what I’ve mentioned, I honestly don’t know. I’m open to all suggestions. I appreciate the help of this forum. Thank you. 

kcpellethead

I'm not sure the Denafrips Athena competes at the kind of price point you are comfortable with but I sure am happy with mine.  Four XLR inputs, one RCA input, two XLR outputs and one RCA output.  60 step remote control.  $2000.  I'm not sure how to describe the sound except to say it is the first preamp I've tried that improves over DAC direct to amp.  But I know nothing about truly high end preamps. Sadly no returns and not many reviews. 

On your list, I like the Ayre.  I have always like the sound of that brand and it has been a part of some of the best sounding systems I have ever heard and I used to have a K5xeMP.

Another option would be the PS Audio BHK Signature.  I personally owned this for a stretch and enjoyed it paired with VTL MB-185s.   The stock tubes are horrid but if you roll in NOS Tunsgrams, it is outstanding. 

I ultimately moved away from balanced systems and run single ended gear now but that is more the nature of the brands I import.

i have no relationship with Ayre or PS Audio other than being a happy former owner.

@kcpellethead 

Although the Backert is a fantastic sounding pre, and has XLR outputs, it's not truly balanced. So that may not meet your requirement. 

When I've heard Wilsons sound there best it's always been with tube amps and preamps (usually VTL), so of your choices, I'd suggest the Ref 6 (or 5 for cost).

Personally, BAT and VTL would be added to the contenders. Cheers,

Spencer

"Ok New World Man. How do I connect my 2 DACs, tuner, and SACD player to my amp?"

Ditch everything but 1 DAC, signup for Roon and Qobuz. Done. Welcome to 2021.