Speakers for a Large Room (20’x37’)

Open concept listening space with speakers on one short wall and kitchen at the other end.  Furniture about fifteen feet from speakers.  I assume I'll need large speakers and am considering Klipsch Cornwalls as well as Tannoy Ardens, but open to suggestions.  I also assume standmounts are too small for the space.  I should mention I mostly listen at low to moderate sound levels, occasionally cranking it if the wife is out.   Thanks for any input.

doni

@doni 

Call Carl or Marilyn at Nola and they will direct you to a dealer.  They are located in Brooklyn.  The KO is a great speaker. I have owned a pair for almost six years.  The price has climbed steadily over the years though.  The Champ is the same concept just smaller cabinet and fewer drivers.  

Several have already mentioned the Klipsch Cornwall...I concur as well, however if you really want to pressurize a space as large as yours I can suggest stacked Klipsch Cornwall’s. I have such a set up and they are spectacular. You invert the top pair so that you have a “D’Appolito”  alignment. (MTM...Midrange, Tweeter, Midrange). The only downside is some “ Comb Filtering” effects, however it’s not to bad. The stacked Cornwall’s are shockingly dynamic, and image surprisingly well, considering the Comb Filtering that takes place, especially if you can set them up so that they are well out into the room, and your seating distance is at least that of a equilateral triangle ( even a little farther back will help with imaging  (the Comb Filtering effects won’t be as noticeable.)

Cheers....

My wife have bunch of girlfriend over last weekend and we have several system but the girl love the Cessaro horn system over them all. We spend all night in office listen to lp but they also all gather round Maggie to watch me pump iron too naturally. 

Now, stop mucking about. These will blend you into the wall paint, affect your blood circulation and rearrange you on a molecular level. Oh, and they reproduce music very cleanly. ATC SCM110ASL Pro Dual 9" Powered 3-way Studio Monitor ATC 1" dual-suspension S-Spec tweeter ATC 3" Super Dome midrange driver Twin SL Spec 9" bass drivers Onboard ATC grounded-source 350W Tri-amp pack Maximum continuous SPL (1 meter): 115dB Amplifier output: LF 200W, MF 100W, HF 50W Weight: 160.6 pounds