Devore Nines and Daedalus Athena comparison?

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare these 2 speakers. The Daedalus speakers look intriguing.
taylor514
I listened to devore 88 and daedalus athena at capital audio fest. What suprised me the most was the lack of mid and lower frequency on the athena's. I did like everything else about the sound and the look. I just felt that for price of admission it was complete deal breaker. The devore sounded more balanced through the frequencies. However these are show conditions so its difficult to get the full potential of either speaker.
Oldcarb63,

Don't judge the Athena by what you heard at last month's Capital Audiofest. The Athena can definitely sound better than it did in that particular room with that setup. I heard the Athena in at least 3 maybe 4 rooms at the 2011 RMAF, and it sounded very different from what I heard in DC. I have no idea what the problem was at the DC show, but I went by the room several times on Friday and Saturday and each time what I heard was a very thin, anemic sound. I didn't have the impression at any of the RMAF rooms.
Out of curiosity, is the Athena a true 96dbwm sensitivity over most of its useable bandwidth? I've never seen any single dome tweeter or 5" that can come close to that kind of sensitivity which is why I ask. Looking at the drivers and enclosure it would seem closer to ~90-91dbwm?
Been following this thread, but hesitated to comment because I have know experience with Daedalus. The Athena, according to a recent online review, retails for 10K. When I bought my Nines several years ago, they were $6500 retail. In the here and now, it would seem that the Orangutan's would be a closer comparison, price wise. Beyond that, perhaps the forthcoming 99's will be closer to 10K.... I thought of the Orangutan's not only for their price, but also the sensitivity/impedance being closer to the specs stated on the Athena. I can't vouch for the point Npdang raises, but I can vouch for the Orangutan in that respect. They are IMO, a very easy load to drive. Hope this helps.
I was interested in the comments regarding the Athena's sound at the Capitol Audiofest. Daedalus speakers are extremely sensitive to phase issues...makes me wonder if that might have accounted for what folks are reporting.