Best light weight full range speaker recommendation.

I love to experiment with sound and so far has been mostly constrained to book shelves, (Persona B, Formation Duo) or low sitting speakers (Heresy IV) all of which require separate subs (maybe not the formation). Now for full range speakers, it seems like the new Beolab 28 is really the most lightweight one out there. Kinda wonder what other options are there, or rather do any of you mount speakers on wheels?

bwang29

Nola audio. The new model Champs3 put on quite a show at Capital Audio Fest.I own Nola at 6X the price. Yes mine sound better. Had I stumbled on them I'd own then quite contenly.

I use Martin Logan Spire’s. They’re 5 feet tall, and only weigh 57 pounds. 95% of that weight is in the speakers woofer base. The electrostatic panel weighs nothing. They’re full range with as deep a bass as anyone needs. $3300 used from a local seller, and the speakers were barely used in like new condition with the $2000 upgraded Bubinga finish. I replaced a set of Theos with these. The performance difference is night and day and very dramatic. These actually integrate the bass with the panel very nicely. No need to spend $10k on a set of speakers to get excellent stereo performance. The speakers sold new for $9k, so it’s not necessary to spend more for a quality speaker. I’ve purchased jazz archtop guitars for many times more than the cost of these speakers.

re Gershman Grand Avant Garde

I seriously could not come up with anything to make that speaker uglier, aesthetically speaking

My wife likes its appearance much better than plain looking rectangular speakers. My daughter is very artistic (an art major) and she prefers ists looking to other speakers I had:  Harbeths, Tyler, B&W, Apogee, ...

So for me, Avant Garde wins big on its athestics. ;-)

I'm not much on 'modern' or 'contemporary' art so much so horns are pretty much out for me esthetically. I have heard some nice sounds come out of some too.

For a small room full range down to 31hz with lovely sound, I am still happy with Raidho D2 small floorstanders. Room corrected, they are hours of fun.