Subwoofer cable question

I want to run a Rel sub from my integrated amps "pre out" and the sub has only 1 "low level" and  the "lfe" input. Do I need an adapter from stereo to mono or do the low level and lfe inputs on the sub act together as left and right input?

emiliop

Just follow REL's directions and see how you like it with one sub.  Your results are largely room and placement-dependent, so pay attention to the placement and setting recommendations in REL's (and other) YouTube videos on the subject.  Ignore the diatribe about multiple subs, the need for a mono summer, etc. until you've properly set up your one sub.  You'll likely be very satisfied with the result and can ignore the rest.

YUP if you produce it you know it.. It’s how the information is recorded. This just ain’t rocket science. There is left and right information on the mediun down to 2hz for all I care. The FACT is, it is recorded different and mixed different than a single mono left or right RCA or XLR is providing in a playback system.

With Daytons DSP or their 1000 watt plate amps they are summed, but just hook up the left or the right not both RCA/XLRs 1/2 the signal goes away, On my daytons anyways..

As far as listening, listen to Stanly Clark.. or my buddy Kenny Bassett.

sub/bass Mono playback my A$$.

Like I tell people DBA and Swarm is a low cost solution to good bass. BUT it’s STILL not THE best. A 7.5 is about the best I’ve heard.. Servo bass column arrays are 10s, they are that much better.. I’ve have a 3rd too, OB servo arrays, Better than MY DBAs anyways..

I used 4 tall boys 12,15, with a 15" passive.. They were powerful passive subs with 4 1000 watt daytons bass amps in the 1980s and 90s. NOT 2020.

You adjust the weight on the passive with putty for the room.. Mechanical Q (uality) old school.. Learn how to add bass and subs to your room without DSP other than a PEQ LOL I had a guy teach me.. Brian Cheney of VMPS, I never met a guy like him.. HE sure knew BASS.. THE 90s fellas they didn’t even call it DBA or Swarm back then.

BTW it still wasn’t as accurate as Infinitys’ STEREO servo bass columns on an AIR BAG decoupling system.. 90s fellas.. I'm not Granpa Bass BUT darn close..:-)

Again Mono my A$$.. The results is mono, the source signal is stereo.. plain and simple.

Even my midbass columns 100-300hz IMAGE a center phantom speaker.

Think about that one..

Regards

Thanks guys for all the info. I can't afford 2 subs at this time. I was really just trying to find out how rel subs are connected. I understand that now and will try the default setup and see how it goes. If I reach a point where I can afford a second sub I will revisit this issue but for now there is no point. Opinions on REL vs SVS?

"Think I'm getting confused again"

If you chose REL, the instructions suggest using the suppied cable as instructed-speaker taps.

"Opinions on REL vs SVS?" Go back to being confused, if you're hoping for a definitve answer here. Both will be fine, but that's just my opinion.

Don't confuse the LFE with the .1/LFE. One is for low level 2 channel connection and the other is for home theater. I didn't have much success using the Neutrik Speakon connection; mine sound better with the low level RCA connection.