Devore Nines and Daedalus Athena comparison?

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare these 2 speakers. The Daedalus speakers look intriguing.
taylor514
ooooh, i'd be interested in this as well...currently a Nines owner but have thought about Daedalus spkrs for some time.
Well, I have'nt heard them side by side, but considered both in a long search for highish sensitivity, tube friendly speakers. The list included Coincident, Art, Zu. and Silverline. The 2 I enjoyed the most were Devore 9's and the Daedalus DA-RMAs, I eventually bought.

The DA-RMas and Athena are essentially the same, just a floor standing version of the large, near floor standing monitors. I don't think you can go wrong with either company, I just preferred Daedalus by a reasonable margin. Very transparent and neutral with no colouration I could detect. Easy to fit into a room and good imaging. For the price, very hard to criticize. Because they are sold direct, with no dealers, distributors, uou can near double the price to get a match in quality with conventionally marketed speakers. There are a number of users around the place, happy to Demo the Daedalus, just contact Lou for details of any near you.
I've heard them both, and I thought they both sounded excellent. My impression, FWIW, was that the Devore 9's were slightly more transparent in the highs, and the Athenas were slightly more expressive in the midrange. Neither had very low bass, but what bass they did have was musical.

The differences might have been attributable to the ancillary equipment, but that's what I heard.

You can't go wrong either way, IMO.

Bryon