Dedicated 20 Amp Line for Audio

Lots of threads on the subject already, but I’m a little confused on one thing. Is the dedicated line just for the amplifier (in my case an integrated) and another line for the other components? Or, is it just one line for everything in the complete audio system?

Thanks!

high-amp

A note on 10awg romex.  Yes, the wire is extremely stiff and you may not be able to install it.  You CANNOT fold this wire when pushing the outlet back into the box.  It is just too stiff.  When I did mine, I had to run the Romex straight through the wall from behind into the junction box and then "square bend" one wire at right angles so that there's enough space.  A 12awg romex would definitely be much easier to handle.

auxinput - Thanks, but I'm not even so sure about handling 12 awg, just ask oldhvymec. His hands hurt jusut talkin’ about 12 awg! (sorry I can’t paste his comments, as he removed his post?)

A note on 10awg romex.  Yes, the wire is extremely stiff and you may not be able to install it.  You CANNOT fold this wire when pushing the outlet back into the box.  It is just too stiff.  When I did mine, I had to run the Romex straight through the wall from behind into the junction box and then "square bend" one wire at right angles so that there's enough space.  A 12awg romex would definitely be much easier to handle.

If you have the room in your wall you can use a deeper outlet box to make the job easier.

lancelock - Looks intersting (and expensive). I will contact Well pleased Audio on Monday and check it out.

auxinput - invalid: I was starting to think #10 was the ticket, but you’re right #12 with it’s better flexability should be sufficient. Or possibly the product lancelock recommends above?

If I’m only running one line (most recommended way to do it here) I will need less than 50’