Have you ever been turned off by an Arrogant Dealer? Thoughts

I have and it's extremely disappointing 

calvinj

Unfortunately this is becoming even more common. You need to wear a nice suit to get service. For me, if they're arrogant I just turnaround and walk away.

I will say this.  We all have been in the hobby awhile and typically we have the money to play in the hobby so we are going to get more knowledgeable as we go on. I guess I get disappointed by some who think that a person that does this 15, 20,30 years isn't going to know more and more.  In addition there are a lot of greedy folks out here. There is a place up here in Dallas where they take your name down the first time you come in. The second you come and don't buy they literally will turn equipment down or off so you can't demo or hear it. If you are too iffy too bad for you. In addition to that in this Information Age one would be foolish to think that folks aren't going to do their research before dropping mega bucks on gear. Some with these attitudes really take the fun out of it 

I totally understand that time is money.  Hell I'm a lawyer. But when folks think you just listening and won't buy if you like is agitating AF. I try to only demo stuff I intend on actually buying or consider buying. If I ask about a specific item that means I have heard researched it and I might be ready to go in it.  A dealer would have to at some point realize that people that run businesses or can afford this stuff probably researched it pretty damn good. In the past that wasn't the case but now it is.  They have to adjust