Dedicated 20 Amp Line for Audio

Lots of threads on the subject already, but I’m a little confused on one thing. Is the dedicated line just for the amplifier (in my case an integrated) and another line for the other components? Or, is it just one line for everything in the complete audio system?

Thanks!

high-amp
dseltz - currently (no pun intended) I have a Luxman 507 uXII integrated amp on a layaway plan with a local dealer.  

jw944ts-

@millercarbon 

Thanks for sharing the Fremer video...unlike some others here, I thoroughly enjoyed it....

Probably because you came to learn and Fremer and I came to share what we've learned. There is so much to learn. Like, did you notice? Fremer started out saying "lines" then caught himself. So he learned. But first he learned "lines" and had to unlearn to get better, and old habits die hard. I don't know how Fremer did it but I actually ran my room wired several different ways and heard the difference first hand. This was several years of my life figuring this stuff out. Same for Fremer too I bet.

Am I reading that right, jw? 944 Turbo S?

A dedicated 20 amp line will be able to supply about 2400 watts.

I am assuming you are using the appropriate cable for your 20 amp outlet (12 awg romex is more than enough).

You SHOULD connect EVERYTHING to it without hesitation.

Contrary to popular advice of spreading your devices to multiple outlets, connecting ALL devices to a SINGLE outlet will give you additional benefit of minimizing or completely eliminating ground loops.

You have nothing to worry about.... unless you intend to connect a welding machine to the same outlet too :-)

I have 1 30 amp circuit for components and a 20 amp for subwoofer. Seems to work fine.