RCA interconnect recommendation

Would like recommendations for interconnects for both analog and digital side to an integrated Rogue Cronus amp from a Nottingham/EAR 834P on one side and an Antelope Zodiac DAC on the other side. What should I be looking at and what kind of budget should I set. I'm thinking up to $500  for a pair but have no idea. Thanks for all advice.

smaarch1

Take a look at Hapa cables. I bought a Breathe Copper and a Quiescence Copper with the upgraded connectors for my system which is quite frugal compared to most here, but holy crap did it make a huge difference in clarity without any harshness. On paper it would seem a waste of money but hearing the difference first hand it is amazing the difference, and it's an upgrade that will last. Well worth a look.

You can’t go far wrong with chord cables. I’d entertain both the C-line and the Clearway...both are quality cables and are lower to mid tier amongst their offerings. Both have received numerous positive reviews and even won awards. I’ve been using them for years to good effect. I don’t think they add or subtract anything, they just seem to go about the business of transferring the signal as presented.

QED, as well as Atlas make some terrific similarily relatively inexpensive cables. QED’s reference, and Atlas’ element integra....Ecosse makes the conductor and the composer line of cables that are very good as well. I currently use all of the above cables in my system. Notice, most if not all the cables are UK products. I’m a bit partial to both equipment and cables made there. My system is about 80% made in the UK (Actually made there!), short of my Border Patrol dac and my Marantz Reference stuff.

OP.   "It's a curious problem of "you don't know until you know" sort of thing.""

This is so true! But also one of the things truly wonderful about high end audio... there is virtually no end to it... the more effort you put into it the better it sounds. A pursuit of constant discovery.

It's a curious problem of "you don't know until you know" sort of thing.

Yeah, except you haven’t shared what improvements/sound characteristics are most important to you.  This is exactly how we can help you achieve your goals, but if you don’t share what you’re looking for the recommendations will just be all over the map. 

@audphile1 thanks for the suggestions of the acoustic zen cables. I’m following this up. It all makes sense.
@audioguy85 yea my analog side is British and it sounds great...even have a set of B&W’s in a closet. The rest is pure American, if we’re waving flags.
@ghdprentice thanks it’s been an awesome journey.
@soix How am I suppose to answer this? Okay let’s see. I want to hear more of everything. I’m pleased with my analog and digital and could easily stop .Well maybe not. This gear in my digital side is new to me and a vast improvement. I am enjoying the Antelope Zodiac a lot. When it arrived I listened to only the Antelope for a week and it is good. Then I played a good recording of the same on my Nottingham. The Nottingham as air and dynamics. The Antelope has very good detail. I’m fairly impressed with both and while I am listening to much more digital these days (convenience), my TT is very often just stunning. I’d like to see if interconnects can help with the digital side
For what it’s worth the current interconnects were made for me. They are Mogami 2528 cable with Neutrik RCA connectors - not very expensive but appear well made. I’ll thank you in advance for your input.