Update From Ron New Day Record Covid 19 Battle

Ron and his whole family have been battling Covid for a month. This is a update he posted on YouTube. Good to hear things are improving and wishing him and family the best.

Watch "Where have I been? Covid-19" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/Dl7xO3zMbDo

bg1968

I got the impression that he had not been vaccinated, and regretted it but didn't want to mention it one way or the other so as to avoid controversy. I think his message was still clear; get vaccinated. I don't think that he was asking for money or pity.

By the way isochroism, I loved your new spelling  of "sensorship".

@roadwhorerecords 

Seeing as how this is a site for audiophiles, your observation is both accurate and quite astute. Kinda genius level really.

@roxy54 

That was just my take on it.

Wasn't this the guy who did the YouTube Tekton Impact review in 2019?  The one that Eric from Tekton claimed he paid for and was then upset that it wasn't 100% glowing?  Even after the reviewer started backtracking on some of his negative remarks?  Review was pulled but you can still see the fallout in comments from chat sites from the time. 

People make decisions. We assume those people weigh the risks of their decisions or their non-decisions. Sometimes calamity happens or is prevented. Hard to measure all the costs, both fiscal and physical, in advance. If someone took all precautions and calamity still befalls them, I can have empathy.

If people choose to take their chances and calamity befalls them, I have little empathy. We insure against clamity whether through the purchase of insurance or the existence of sufficient savings to weather the financial impacts of the storm. If you smoke and you contract a lung related disease, you made your choice. If you are obese and don’t take care of your body and Jerry Springer has to cut you out of your home with a chainsaw and extract you with a forklift, you made your choice.

If you examine objective Covid data and choose not to get vaccinated, you made your choice. If you choose to get vaccinated, you made your choice. If you weren’t prepared financially for the consequences of your decisions, you made your choice. A post Covid gofundme campaign won’t trigger generosity from those who weighed their options in advance. Kinda like building your home on a river bank, floods happen.