The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

If you buy the fuses, give them at least 50-100 hours to break in before making a final judgment.

Thanks for that very in depth analysis Frank, but it doesn’t tell me the shift in overhaul tonality, if your system becomes more etched or darker etc.

And what’s worrying is 50 to 100 to break in, by that time for me it’s too late to send back for refund if I don’t like it/them, not prepared to take the gamble on that one. Thanks Andy.

+1 audiosens. You're description of how the SR Purple fuse compares with the Orange and the presentation  you get mirrors mine exactly! Nicely done. I understand about being skeptical of tweeks,  having been burned many times. These are a no brainer, with a money back guarentee. I'm not a Synergistic fanboy by any means, but these purple fuses are the real deal. Good listening. Jeff

The Purple really opens up the mids and highs compared to SR’s Orange fuses.

The Orange fuses were a huge improvement over stock fuses, and the Purple brings even more to the table.

M2CW, anyway.

Post removed 
andypandy

"Thanks for that very in-depth analysis Frank, but it doesn’t tell me the shift in overhaul tonality if your system becomes more etched or darker, etc."

Andy ... We are talking about moving beyond "etched or darker," and moving into the realm of "real" here. I mean, reach out and touch them, real.

And what’s worrying is 50 to 100 to a break-in, by that time for me it’s too late to send back for a refund if I don’t like it/them, not prepared to take the gamble on that one."

Read the comments in this thread. We are talking about comparing the SR Orange fuses with the SR Purple fuses. The Orange fuses are really good in their own right, and the SR Purple fuses take them to a new level. If you are using stock fuses at this point, you will not be sending the SR Purple fuses back. Like any audio component, they take some time to sound their best, but that, by no means, is saying that they are slackers out of the box.

What are you using for fuses presently? Also, I’d be interested to know what your system consists of, and if you’ve tried any other "tweaks" that have worked for you. Perhaps we can garner some new ideas from you that would help other members here.

Thanks ...

Frank