How do you decide what your next upgrade will be?

As "audiophiles" or "audio enthusiasts", I think most of us are constantly on the hunt for our next upgrade to take their system to the "next level". How do you prioritize what your next upgrade will be?

I typically focus on what my weakest link in my system at the time is and choose my next upgrade based on that. But I know some people may upgrade based on "best bang for buck" or maybe other ways. How do you decide?

I have found myself at a crossroads trying to figure out my next upgrade. Right now I believe my DAC is my weakest link (by a long shot). I currently stream from my computer through tidal into a dragonfly cobalt into a Raven nighthawk. My phono preamp is also lacking. I have a VPI scout Aries with a Soundsmith MIMC star going into a Vincent pho-701. I recently purchased two Rythmik f12se subwoofers and I have no speaker isolation at all (isolation could be a potential upgrade). I have also thought about how fun it would be to roll some tubes through my Raven Nighthawk. There are so many possibilities. 

With all the upgrades we have to choose from how do you decide what would be most beneficial to your system?

james1911
Post removed 

what catches my eye on a-gon or usam 😆

...and then we can only hope its an upgrade... 

Having a Nighthawk makes this easy. Call Dave Thompson, chat him up about what tubes he recommends. The guy is some kind of tube genius. 

As far as system upgrades, the key is to understand it is in fact a system. Things such as the springs a component is on, the wires that connect them together and the room they are all in are every bit as important as the components themselves.

This is a hard one to get. A lot of audiophiles still don't get it. Put your Nighthawk on Nobsound springs, or even better Townshend Pods, I bet you get it then. Put a QSA Violet or SR Purple fuse in it. 

Then you will see. By the time you have done this a few times you will have learned so much by experience you won't even need to come asking what to do next. Congratulations in advance.

Funds dependent.

Depends on availability as well, living in a remote 240v country.

I have a list of things I want to purchase.

Slowly progress on these.

i.e. A modded HiFi router is on it.