$39K for the Linn Klimax DAC/streamer?

It has to be set up using a special service and there is no manual? I guess this for the very wealthy few who do not care about "gear." I would rather buy a car with this money, or part of a Porsche, and set up my own DAC/streamer. But Stephen Scarf at Absolute Sound says.."unquestionably the best combination DAC/streamer I've ever heard, bar none." Great hyperbole, may hold true for a month or two, then some other over-priced bit of kit comes along..
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xgerryah930

I have heard the $39,000 Linn Streamer/DAC, and it is unquestionably excellent, and it is not something I will ever likely buy. Manufacturers sometimes have such products in their portfolio as halo products, which could also lead to trickle down technology for more affordable products. 

If you are in the Kansas City area, please schedule a time to visit us and listen to the new Linn Klimax DSM. We appreciate your interest and consideration. www.LinnKasa.com

If you've got the $$$ and you want it, nothing wrong with that! I don't think it's intended to win a 'value-for-money' competition. 

"Nothing Linn is worth $39k."

And Donald Trump's natural hair colour is orange.

why not ? y'all realize there is a forum discussion somewhere talking about how crazy and financially irresponsible a $1 k cartridge is.... a " consumable " at that...which is how you should view...wait for it.....your turbocharger...

Hilarious how all the magic stone " you must hear it to criticize it " crowd are quick to pile on Linn.....