Ridiculous assertions that someone is being ripped off or conned

How many times has this scenario played out here? Someone purchases product X, and tries it in their system. They report positive results, that it works as advertised, that they got their money’s worth, that they are happy with the purchase. Then someone, usually having zero experience with the product, replies with something like: “No, you’ve got it all wrong! You’re being ripped off! You’re being conned!

Does anyone else understand how ridiculous and absurd these kinds of assertions are?! The consumer who actually put up their own money and took the time to evaluate the product in their own home/system reports it works as advertised, they are happy with it, that they got their money’s worth. Then someone else claims they were ripped off?!

Imagine an agency investigating consumer fraud getting a complaint like this: “My neighbor is being ripped off!” “No, no, he thinks it’s great, does everything he expected it to. He’s very happy with it, but I just know he’s being conned!” Do you seriously think they’re going to open any kind of investigation into it?

You can disagree with what someone says about the effectiveness of a product all you want, but to say they have been defrauded, when they report the exact opposite, is patently ridiculous.

tommylion

I agree with @teo_audio

But we are rapidly approaching the point where ’opting out’ of the conflict that is encountered... where the insanity of such projections in weakness of mental capacity, hearing capacity, reasoning capacity and civility in relations... where those projections in/of violence -are being a detriment to the forum and it’s intent. It’s tearing the place apart.

At that point, if the forum is valued by the members, at all...one has to stop turning the other cheek.. and make it clear, that this poorly reasoned position (and continual projection) of ’hatred and violence’ toward others who are working to advance audio...that this insanity - has to be countered.

Its interesting how many of the bad actors try to justify "poor manners" It is apparent to me that the board of education did not meet the seat of learning with many of them. They were one in the same with the little child who would scream and holler the whole time they were in the dept store, because their mama would not allow them to pull things from the shelf. They received participation awards for being on a team though they never learned to be a team player. They have an over inflated sense of importance. @jerryg123 even told MC that he would not think badly of him as though MC’s whole life goal is to please his master @jerryg123 . of course if MC pushes back on this assertion, ole jerryg will go crying to mama (mods) to remove the bad man’s insensitive post. I speak from experience.his supposed superiority shines like a flashing light. But he is not alone in his superiority complex. There are many others who believe it their duty to save mankind from poor decisions which is any decision which they disagree. They call on science * logic . But when disagreement comes, they cannot back up a thing, because science nor logic will prove them right. These things are just authority figures for them to use to bring the peasants into submission to their will. They can never win the argument based on their beliefs because thir argument is indefensible.Science is observation. You cannot observe what you never heard or experienced.

the same child who alarms & troubles an entire store with his/her screaming will not hesitate to do the same as a grown man/woman on a forum, or anywhere else. The difference now is that correction is not probable.

"Tommylion, do yourself a favor and save up your money for a good set of speakers. You’ll get a lot more bang for yur money."

I have a good set of speakers, thank you very much. In fact they are some of the best I have heard, and have received many very positive reviews over the years. Why do you arrogantly assume that I don’t?

I have said which speakers I have in previous posts, if you care to investigate. I am purposefully not saying here, so this doesn’t turn into a discussion about speakers.

I think many in this group tend to split hairs on trying to improve their system.  I think it would be very beneficial to use the knowledge in this group and discuss what is the next step to improve their system.  For example, do I buy better speakers, buy better speaker wires, better amplifier, better streamer, etc.  I am at that point right now.  Another question is who do you believe.  The one thing I have discovered is there are many people who simply do not know what they are talking about.  It would be fun to have discussions on this.  There is a tremendous amount of knowledge in this group.  

noromance said: "I like Geoff and miss him on the forum. Hope he's well. However this article is out there. Maybe he's a genius and knows things we don't. Or not."

Geoff is alive and well over at Audio Asylum.

Tommylion, wonderful. I am sure there are things you can do with your room that will make an improvement. For starts get yourself a good measurement system like this one below and have a look at what your system is actually doing. It will also point out where you can make improvements. If there are issues you can not fix with room treatments you might start getting involved with DSP. There are many great processors now for reasonable money.