E.A.R. Acute Reliability

I am considering the purchase of a used E.A.R. Acute CD player. However, I am concerned about its reliability. What has the experience been in this regard, particularly with regard to the transport?

I am also considering a Modwright 9100ES, for which Dan Wright assures me that parts are readily available.
airfla
Dan Meinwald, the US importer of EAR products, has responded every time I contacted him before and after my purchase of the Acute. Really excellent communication and service.

One peculiar thing, absolutely no owners manual or instruction sheet comes with the Acute. I contacted Tim de P and he mentioned that he was thinking about producing one but not sure.

Airfla,
If you're thinking about tube rolling, the USA white label Amperex 7308 are excellent as are the 1960s Seimens CCa. Both enhance the performance of the Acute dramatically over the provided stock tubes although they aren't BAD. But they should be changed if you want to fully realize the potential of the Acute. Just my opinion of course but I think there's a good chance that you'll agree :~).
Rja

Thanks very much for your recommendations for tube rolling on the Acute, but I decided to go with the ModWright.
This response has nothing to do with the Acute CDP - I've never seen it let alone heard it. However Tim P's response to the inquiry about the lack of an instruction sheet or manual is, I think, a good reason to do so to the extent that it sound consistant with my experience with EAR.

I have, but have not used in a long time, an EAR 834L line stage. I bought it, and appreciated it for its sonic signature. As HP said, reminiscent of my ARC SP10. But there the difference ends. This thing is one of the most poorly constructed units I have ever encountered in high end audio, right from the quality of the case, the imput selector, and cross talk from other inputs to the poorly attached RCA outputs. And, when trying to identify the correct tubes to use and their assigned sockets I could get clarity from either EAR, its then distributor, nor the 1 page instruction sheet which was inaccurate. Personally I would never buy from EAR again no matter the sonic potential.

FWIW :-(