Any thoughts on the CD "trimmer"

I have read good feedback on the Audiodesk(I think that's what it's name is)CD trimmer.Supposedly many/most CD's are not round,and this aids in a perfectly round trim,as well as creating a correct edge angle.Does this thing really help sound?

Thanks!
sirspeedy70680e509
sirspeedy: I know you asked for feedback on whether or not the Audiodesk trimmer improved sound; however, I also want to share the positive effects it has on DVD's. Resolution and color is noticably improved. I use my Audiodeske for both CD's and DVD's (with a front projector and upsampling DVD player in a dedicated HT).
WOW!!This is all enough "patchkaing" to reinforce to me that vinyl is an easier medium to enjoy,afterall!!

Just kidding,but we all thought lp spinning was a pain in the tush,now check out all these processes to get the most from a crummy CD.
How about making the venerable silver disc "better"?
Best!
Thanks Albert. Not saying I either doubt or believe your hypothesis, but those tests as you describe them aren't sufficient to establish causality (they don't measure the datastream, and aren't controlled to eliminate psychology as a possible cause). But I'm not very surprised that Krell decided there was indeed a problem (even if it wasn't known to be a measureable problem, it was still a potential PR problem due to audiophile word of mouth), though I am a bit surprised that they then didn't completely 'fix' it by simply installing a fully opaque cover.
My understanding is that one source of light the AudioDesk lathe trimming is meant to address are reflections from the laser bouncing around inside the CD transport, as well as any stray light from the outside (since many trays are not hermetically sealed).
Zaikes, I did not say Krell didn't measure the effect, I simply said they agreed there was a problem and fixed it. It does not matter that I didn't measure the effect, the change of blocking the light was enough of a problem that the manufacturer changed the design.

As for opaque cover, the transparent cover was a big part of the beauty and design of that piece. Swapping for a smoked version and darkening material inside increased performance without calling attention to the mods or admitting anything was wrong with the original. Frankly, this happens all the time in high end audio, it's just not brought to the attention of the consumer.