Turntable versus tonearm versus cartridge: which is MOST important?

Before someone chimes in with the obvious "everything is important" retort, what I'm really wondering about is the relative significance of each.

So, which would sound better:

A state of the art $10K cartridge on a $500 table/arm or a good $500 cartridge on a $10K table/arm?

Assume good enough amplification to maximize either set up.

My hunch is cartridge is most critical, but not sure to what extent.

Thanks.

bobbydd
Dynamic_driven, because that is a different subject. Cartridges and phono stages to have to match within boundaries. Among a group of excellent phono stages it will most likely be the cartridges that make the largest difference. The job of the cartridge is much more difficult to perform well and the way it interacts with the tonearm is perhaps the most critical match in audio. You can jamb any phono stage into any system if you are so inclined. 
Here's an interesting article/take on this very topic - it's a review on the Rockport Sirius III turntable.

Page Title (iar-80.com)
Ok - I'll have the last word.  The turntable is the most important component ; ).
Post removed 

Let's see, we have a great car (Turntable). Now lets pick the tires that should go on it (cartridge). Finally, what road/track will you choose to drive it on (record album). It matters doesn't it? God forbid, you buy a 4 wheel drive Jeep and expect it's best performance on the Indy race track. Better yet, what about an Indy car in the dirt? 

Is this all equal to audio?