Tubes for Pathos Classic One MKII

Hello,

Has anyone tried the Electro-Harmonix 6922 or the Electro-Harmonix 6922 Gold version tubes in their Pathos Classic One MKII Int. amp? How do they compare to the stock Sovtek 6922 tubes? I thought that the sound of my Pathos was actually quite good with the stock Sovtek 6922 tubes and I am not sure if its worth trying something else now that the tubes need replacement. Or, should I splurge on expensive tubes like the Mullard NOS or Amperex NOS tubes.

Thanks !
sympaticonorm
Ken,

Thanks for taking the time to put together all this great information...much appreciated !

Norm
For Sympa.... questioned, I replaced the stock tubes to Amperex NOS and YES it give you a big time improvement. Hope this help. Very sweet, musically and carry its own pririt. Enjoy them very much, I hope you'll do too.
I am far from a tube expert, but I had someone recommend some vintage Mullard Blackburn tubes and the sound is amazing to my ears.  I previously had a mixed set with one being a JJ and the other being a Made in Russia tube.  My Classic One MkIII sounded good and now it great.  I can't say if there's a better option, but I can say that these Mullards are not a bad option.

I like the Mullards well enough that I have two more sets on the way to live in reserove.  As part of the shipment, I will be getting a pair of Electro-Harmonix 6922 tubes that came out of a Pathos amplifier.  I'm excited to see how they sound, but don't expect them to impress compared to the Mullards.