Bye Bye Puppy!

After ten (mostly) happy years with my WWP 6's I have managed to buy a pair of preowned Wilson Sasha 2's. They are being delivered on Monday and the 6's will be taken away...

I am surprised how emotional I am about the puppy's and feeling strangely sad (unfaithful?) to part with my old friends!

soma70
Good for you @soma70.Sounds like if you do not own what @mozartfan owns you are disadvantaged or just ignorant.
I am happy for you and enjoy them.
For whatever it’s worth I have a used pair of Sasha 2s for going on 3 years now and am as happy with them today as the day I set them up and first heard them.  No real desire to upgrade but it would be interesting at some point to hear the DAW and possibly other current gen models in Wilsons lineup just for the experience.  I have heard that what’s driving them can make a difference but my in my Exogal Comet/Ion with a Melco Streamer drives them effortlessly with great musicality and soundstage and I can listen for hours on end with no fatigue. I have no real reason to even think about upgrading until maybe that is when I hear the current lineup but would again then wait for a used pair.  Hopefully you’ll now also enjoy your music that much more!
@geekster - nice contribution and appreciated.

My first impressions are that they are a world apart from the puppy's and I am amazed at the midrange clarity and separation. The soundstage is incredible and envelopes the listener.

The upper mids may be a little bit forward but I have not yet found the perfect positioning from a imaging point of view but i'm getting closer and so that may change.

Bass is a little light for my tastes so I am moving them gradually closer to the rear and side walls whilst adjusting for image.

I have been away for most of the time since the 2's arrived and so I haven't really had enough time to experiment fully but it's clear that these are very special speakers. 

New Wilsons have less peaky bass than the older models. I think you will discover more texture in the bass over the older models as you get used to them. 

After several hours of speaker re-positioning and measuring with REW I was still very unhappy with the bass and imaging.

it was really making me sad! 

This evening I double checked to see if I had wired the speakers correctly and they were in opposite phase. Doh!

I needed to wire the speakers black on red due to different hot pins between the amp and pre, and must have got distracted half way through, so only wired one speaker correctly. 

Unsurprisingly, they now sound utterly brilliant. 

I am very happy and feel like a total idiot! 😂