HiFi vs MidFi

I’m a relative noob to the audiophile scene, having just invested in an integrated amp and upscale (for me) speakers.  From time to time, I hear the term “MidFi” for some components.  Is there an objective or just largely accepted definition for this term?  I’d be curious to hear feedback on what constitutes HiFi vs. MidFi across various components.  
128x128bigtex22
the opposite, in fact. If what you have shown on video is the best possible, the bar is much, much lower than I thought

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mahvishnu came through aweful I admit, was trying to get  Billy Cobham drum sets on the vid.
Sophie Milman, Diana Krall sounds quite accurate viia the Sony cam.
I hear true fidelity in my uploads of both.
Which is why I plant the mic right up to both Wbers, so you get a real impression of the quality of the speaker.
Its there, you can say *i do not hear fidelity* Its there.
All my cash went into upgrading my Thors, My teck says **well since you have new Mundorf $$$ xovers, lets ck your Millennium tweeters,,,ohh look one tweeter is off 1/2 ohm, better buy new ones,,** So I did, gave the **old* ones away and bought new @ $750....absoluely zero gain, old = new, = waste of $750.
+ waste of tweeter Mundorf xovers = big $ loss.
Yeah I’m upset for that fiasco.
This loss , 1 yr ago is holding back my WBer Speaker Project.
I thought the M xovers + brand spankin new Millenniums = Super Thor,
= WRONG, tiny minisclue gain in tweeter, but then
nice gain in W18E001 bass punch.
Dumped the Millenniums at $300 free ship, sold in 2!!!! hours ebay.

Then boughta DavidLouis yelolow 6 at $471, , mistake there as its not *High* fidelity, mids are not up to the DLVX8. But hey its all part of The Speaker Experiement.
But does further my understanding in how these WBers work.
And how superior WBers are to any xover/low sensitivity type design.
When I placed the cheap lousey Diatone 6 (from DavidLouis) on 1 channel, the **Super* Seas Thirs on the other, at that very moment  the verdict was clear and decisive.
Same day the Millennium's went for sale on Ebay and  same day ordered the DL Yellow 6. 

This WBer experiment is  in progress,
And i do expect to see further gains. 

btw this topic is soon to become Audiogon's most frequently visisted and  top viewed  in just a  matter of time,. 
Which is good.
Here on this topic we finally will get things thrown under the old carpet out in the open.
**Do I needa  new amplifer? ..Do i need a  better source?...Do I need better cables?...**
No, no, no.
What you need to bring the system to high fidelity is a   WBer system. 
**can  I keep what i have and add a  WBer?*
Yes and no,
No if the midwoofer has resonance issues. 
And the tweet will need to be taken up to 5khz. 
So there's work to make it happen.
At least i can salvage the W18E001's. +  the added Mundorf Supreme Silver Oil 10uf was  a  winner. 

The midwoofer has to be on same level of neutrality as the WBer cone's voicing. 
I found the DLVX8 a  bit superior to the Tang Band 2145, which  Bache Audio employs,
He prefers the Tang Band.
Both were close, to the point, 6 of one half dozen the other. 
But Im giving the Cigar to the DavidLouis VX8.

Sure some of my ideas have resulted in making some enemies around herd. To the point
**I’m done with Audiogon, good bye...can’t take (handel?) mozartfan’s antics and blabberings...*..Others are upset that a few old timeers exited due to my pugnacious temper.
Or is it perhaps , some of what I am saying might be close to the truth about what makes fidelity high and what makes speakers non-fidelity??

Very surprised that it was I who have highlighted these long standing issues inherent within xover designs.

Where’s all the big time audiophiles with extensive knowledge about these things,, NOT chiming in??
Maybe perhaps the things I point out really can’t be defended against.
That the center band width is all critical and that xovers only make feeble attempts to correct and butress the flaws of a midwoofer and tweeter.
??

WEll its late 2121.
Why the delay of some 20 years of hushing up over this situation of xover designs.
vs
the success of the critical band width in Wide Band speakers.

It makes me very happy that I made these realizations all on my own efforts.
My speaker design is all my own.
I was completely unaware of Bache Audio designs, or any other that combined drivers into a system.
But I do believe I am the 1st audiophile to combine dual WBers into 1 system and further developments will have a WBer Trio System.
If the WBer Trio works out, I know for a fact, no one else will have such a design.

It was contact with my tech geek who is a electrical savant, which awakened the spirit of genius within me.
+ the pain and suffering of the Thor upgrade disaster Further giving the impulse to think outside the box.
Being a iconoclast doesn’t hurt either.
In order to make NEW discoveries (= leave old ideas behind) one must sail out on the open seas (Seals And Croft), chart new intercellar space, **To go where no man has gone before** (StarTrek)
As Iconoclast I have no fear of breaking and smashing the temples of xover speakers, as though they were *the gods*. 
No hesitation whatsoever. 
No I do not make for a  good welcomed guest  at  a  audiophile club meeting. 
Whats Jack Nickleson's  most famous notable  line? 

Well ya know it’s not really your ideas that causes everyone anguish. It’s the amount of times you feel you need to put forth those ideas and the complete lack of understanding about what you feel your ideas are worth.

Consider the forum a conversation. You make a statement and wait for others to respond. No need to bump a thread, no need to express your beliefs on topics that have nothing to do with your beliefs.

Do you have an opinion on "I’d be curious to hear feedback on what constitutes HiFi vs. MidFi across various components. "?

Can you be concise and focused to just that question? and most importantly can you do it in a single post and wait for someone to actually ask a question about your response?

You’ve started your own threads.  On those, post as much as you want it’s your thread but I’m pretty sure bigtex22 the OP got it. There is no need to keep blathering on.
You are taking my ideas out of context, due to your stubborn refusal to accept the inherent limitations of xover style speakers
Never once, anywhere, did I say this. You are imagining it because I don’t hear what you do in your speakers. Tough.

Do xover types have critical issues in the 2khz-3khz band width?
Its either
Yes
or
No
In a properly designed speaker, no. Troels actually told you that in the article you linked. It would have told you that if you read and understood it. You didn’t.

Sophie Milman, Diana Krall sounds quite accurate viia the Sony cam.
I hear true fidelity in my uploads of both.
Which is why I plant the mic right up to both Wbers, so you get a real impression of the quality of the speaker.
Placing the mic right up to the driver makes it sound it’s worst. All that lovely noise from that awful whizzer cone. IOW, they sounded like crap on your videos too. The only time they are close to acceptable is when you are across the room in the video. They make it all of the way up to mid fi at that point.

Or is it perhaps , some of what I am saying might be close to the truth about what makes fidelity high and what makes speakers non-fidelity??
You have had plenty of videos showing exactly what bad sounds like. We get the idea.

Where’s all the big time audiophiles with extensive knowledge about these things,, NOT chiming in??
They are laughing at you and your measure once, cut five times speaker. Damn, it's still too short.

WEll its late 2121.
OMG!

@danager    +1000

I apologize for getting involved in it. It is hard to resist though.