How much does power amplifier really matter comparing to other hi-fi components?

What is the best ratio (out of a total of 100%) in terms of money to put in a high-end hi-fi set containing:
1. CD player/DAC, 2. Pre-amp, 3. Power-amp, 4. speakers.
(25% will be assigned to each if the 4 parts are equal).
Can we take this as a reference to distribute the budget when buying power-amp?

Looking forward to learning experiences and technical information from audiophiles including hi-fi dealers.
cclee2022
Everything adds to the sound quality, but some things count more than others.  The speakers that you buy set the tone for the rest of the system.  Expensive, very revealing speakers will be more sensitive to sources, amps, etc.  "warmer," less detailed speakers will be more forgiving of other problems, so you will be able to spend less on the other components.  That being said, I listen exclusively to digital these days, and with a very good DAC/power amp combo, you have the foundation for a system that will allow you to expand the quality of the speakers without having to upgrade everything.  Remember that more than anything else, speakers play the biggest role in shaping the sound that you hear, while you don't have to shell out big bucks for an amp to get great sound out of them.  Get the system set up for your budget and then upgrade things like cables, power conditioners, room treatments and the like.
Op, 

If possible, take the time to understand what is important to you in a system. 

I have a pair of powered Dynaudio Focus in my living room and  a pair of smaller Dynaudio Xeo in the bedroom. They share streaming music through a wireless hub controlled by my phone. I love it. 

Even my lower end home theater receiver sounds good to me… and that’s blasphemy in these circles.

I’ve had separates and it’s not for me. Same with tubes. 

My long winded point is try to listen to a range of systems before you decide on a budget. No need in building a dedicated audio wing on your home just to realize your cousins $1,500 system sounds pretty dang good. Or maybe it should be a two story wing, haha. 

Run your own race, hope you enjoy your new system!

A very interesting thread with no right or wrong answers IMHO.  For me, the first component you want to get right is the speakers.  Take your time and don't just buy what the local dealer tries to sell you.  Then you match the amp / pre-amp or integrated.  Depending on your budget, I would go integrated and then you can add a music server to the equation.  So my vote is 35% speakers, 45% Dac and Music Server, and 20% amps.  I just believe it is easy to change out amps so if you don't like them try something else. DAC's / Music Servers had a major major impact on my system.