Class A into Class AB

What is the goal of a designer who makes intergrated amps that have class A for x amount of watts before it goes into class AB? Are there any examples of this being implemented well? I get this feeling that it’s kind of just a marketing thing...where people think they are getting some quality class A without the very high price tag. I was particularly looking at the CODA CSiB amps where you have three choices of how much of your first watts are class A. I have since found a few other respectable brands that implement this as well. I have yet to come across anyone who has heard much of difference between AB amps and one’s that’s state "first X amount of watts..." Class A/AB. Anyone have any experience with these kind of integrated amplifiers? Just looking for a little bit of understanding as I’m trying to upgrade my amplifier.
tmac1700
i don't really care, just trying to figure out what you were posting about and don't have the data.  was not clear what your point was....
Re: the Threshold 500’s.  Claimed 20 output devices per channel, for 250 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms with about 20% of that being Class A,  the Class AB power output could steadily double down into 4 Ohms, but while doing so the Class A output would halve, the amp was said to be capable of doubling it’s rated steady state output for up to a couple of minutes.  Nelson Pass might have been a bit generous to himself when it came to how he defined Class A. Still, IMHO impressive.
My Parasound JC1's have a high bias mode which provides 25W of Class-A before switching to A/B, vs 10W in low bias mode.  It's clearly an audible improvement which I use when doing serious listening.  Not marketing fluff in my experience with the JC1's, but I'm sure some implement this better than others like all things.
@itsjustme FWIW, 0.5 Ohms is a good assumption for an emitter resistor in an output section. 1 Ohm is not!