Bought a new McIntosh amp

Hello folks !
I just bought a new MC152 and now having doubts about my decision. I currently have Rotel RB-1552 mkII / RC1572 setup driving a pair of Paradigm 800f. I have not opened the sealed box yet because I’m thinking of returning the amp to be exchanged for new speakers (Klipsch) and an Rotel RB-1582 amp (more power 200w p/c).
While at Audio Advice store, I went in another demo room and listened to a Heresy IV driven by a different McIntosh setup ( MC462) and I was impressed but the mind was still on the path of getting the mc152 instead of replacing speakers.
Is it safe bet to just keep the mc152 and get a feel of speaker change later ?
I’d like to hear opinions good or bad about the MC152. Thanks !

switchman
Not going to get into the debate over the Mc sound, but I have owned Mc equipment and Rotel. I'd say upgrade the speakers first, based on my experience. Hope that is a little helpful.
Well, i broke down and opened the sealed box and set up the mc152 driving Paradigm 800f. Not a wow event but there's noticeable midrange clarity, more so with acoustic guitar sounds. I like it.

Bass is ok, hope to hear more some more improvement after some burn in hours.

I'm keeping it and aim to get the Heresy speakers later on, but its going to be a toss up where to spend the coins then should a good used MC preamp be found. 

Thanks to all who responded.

If you want to try a McIntosh in a budget, take a look at the MC7104 I have for sale.  Four by 100watts  at 4 amps and 2x200 at 8 amps when mono bridged.  Plenty of power and a real deal because it uses lights on the front face instead of the needles.  Listed at $1400.  Maintained and recently cleaned and tested to spec.

And I have Heresy IV speakers.  You will never get to midnight on the volume and there will be tonnes if headroom.  
Thanks for the offer, claudiowalker77.

I don't buy used power amp but will do on pre-amp. The heat gets on the electronics more whereas pre-amp stays cool with SS and even tube pre amp doesn't get hot but only warm.

Also, the tube amp that beat the 240 was equipped with Sansui output transformer and that what gave it the edge against the mc240. We were hand winding our transformer before we found the Sansui made transformers.
All had 6L6GC tubes including the mc240.