The two stages of audiophilia

1. Compulsively and fanatically build the best audio system you are able to and can afford.

2. Sit back, listen to MUSIC and enjoy your system.
128x128rvpiano
Stage 2: enlightenment.
After almost 50 years, I've hit stage 2 after downsizing from separates and big Maggies to a nice class D integrated and standmounts. Still enjoying vinyl, optical disks and streaming.
Didn't see it coming and it's so nice!
2. Sit back, listen to MUSIC and enjoy your system.

Listen to music?  Its a slippery slope my friends.  You don't wanna try that, there's no going back.
Hello,
I probably will never finish changing my system. I love to try new things with my system. Also, Tech changes. IsoAcoustic/Townshend isolation, A Sound Smith cartridge that does not need a separate phono stage, materials like Carbon, Kevlar, Ceramics, and Beryllium to make lighter and stiffer drivers, and last but not least the KEF KC62 subwoofer that plays down to 11hz in a box smaller than a one foot cube. It should be physically impossible, but it’s out there. If you think you are done with your system it’s because we have missed to many audio shows. This store in the Chicagoland area lets you try before you buy:
https://holmaudio.com/
We all need to get out of our audio caves and see what’s new. 
I got off the "merry go round" and bought Sugden class A and Tannoys...I have been living happily ever after since....no desire to trade up or trade in etc...to me, it sounds wonderful. My mmf-7.3 turntable (walnut) with Ortofon 2m bronze is also wonderful. Yes, not the most expensive tt out there, but it sounds great to me. I think I can live with what I got for a very long time. I spend my money nowadays on more Lp's and Cd's, even though I already own more than a reasonable amount, lol. 
Don’t forget the terminal stage, total deafness, but my system looks really great and it mine! This is akin to the garage queen stage of car collecting.