Turntable versus tonearm versus cartridge: which is MOST important?

Before someone chimes in with the obvious "everything is important" retort, what I'm really wondering about is the relative significance of each.

So, which would sound better:

A state of the art $10K cartridge on a $500 table/arm or a good $500 cartridge on a $10K table/arm?

Assume good enough amplification to maximize either set up.

My hunch is cartridge is most critical, but not sure to what extent.

Thanks.

bobbydd
@rauliruegas , If we had common sense we wouldn't be here:-) Raul! you don't like unipivots either!! See, I told you guys I was not alone. Up and down, side to side, that is it. Nothing else. This is why the best makers of unipivots, Graham and Basis turned them into something else.

@lewm 
i think you got my point because clever/lucky buying can distort the equation. 
@chakster not sure if you got the 'tongue in cheek' nature of my joke/question. 
I bought JVC as a doorstop - sorry just kidding - i got it to listen to and as per most people on this forum - I also like my toys - in this case direct drive turntables - I also have a TTS8000 and an EMT 950.
@mijostyn I was wondering when someone would call out the 'elephant in the room' that is the unipivot - a truly lazy engineering solution

@rauliruegas 
use a trough for your tonearm (like my Rock Elite)
It takes the tone out of tonearm and it massively equalises tonearms. To that end it either puts the tonearm as the most/least important part of the equation.
Most - insofar as using the trough highlights how much 'tone' (unwanted resonances) are caused by the arm.
Least - once installed you find it a bit of a tonearm equaliser. I am pondering on a fairly cheap RB250 but with Ikeda wiring.

@lohanimal , "use a trough for your tonearm." Could please elaborate. Are you talking about a damping trough with a paddle and oil? 
Could you show us a picture. 

I like that, " lazy engineering solution." I've always called it the "cheap" solution. That certainly makes three of us. "Oh, but you need to listen before you roast!" Not me. Shoot first and ask questions later. 
@bobbydd
Has your question in your OP been satisfactory answered, or are there further concerns?

In essence, all three (turntable, tonearm, cartridge) contributes to one systems sonics. To emphasize one while ignoring the others is a mistake - the entire audio chain matters. Usually, addressing/upgrading the weakest links (components) in one’s audio chain yields the best price/performance uptick.