Cocktail Audio Firmware Update Issues

Greetings all,

Anyone have any experience with logging into TIDAL directly from their Cocktail Audio streamer? I understand that there is a ne log-in protocol for Tidal users on Cocktail products and that the new Firmware is R1688, but has not been released on their web-site yet. To my knowledge, the last update was R1530.

Any thoughts or experiences anyone can share?

Cheers,

Steve
stevenyc
I don't know about cocktail audio but my tidal app was dropped from my i-pad completely. It says it requires ios-13 or newer version. When I try to update my i-pad, the latest version available is ios-12.5.5. Something is going on!
Well, I figured out my problem. A little google searching revealed that the newest version of Tidal requires iOS 13 or newer version of operating system. My iPad is old enough that it only supports up to version 12.5.5. So the only solution for me is to buy a new iPad. Fricking Apple!  Is it possible your device may have a similar issue? I would be in touch with Cocktail Audio if you haven't already. I'm curious to know what you learn.
Does Tidal run on Android?  I got so fed up with Apple “bricking” applications with updates that switched to Android a few years ago. I use Qobuz so I don’t know if Tidal runs on Android 
Thank you for your responses. I did contact Cocktail Audio/Novatron about this issue. They provided the following response: 

Tidal login method was recently changed. You need to log in two times. First log in, please do it at our device setup as you have done before, and then, please do 2nd log in at your mobile device with our MusicX NEO app.

This is a mandatory process by Tidal to strengthen the security of user accounts.

You can download the MusicX NEO app(the latest version v1.0.18) from the App store.

And, your device firmware should be based on R16XX version.

If your X45 has R1530 or R15XX firmware, you should update with R1688.

When I downloaded the new R1688 firmware to a USB stick, it was in some type of programing code that the system does not recognize. Trying to find out when they will release the new version on their web-site. Will keep you posted once I hear back from them.

Cheers,

Steve